Principal Software Engineer (Ref TW-19-05)
Based in Stirling, UK. Salary – Up to £50k, plus benefits.
thinkWhere is one of the UK’s leading Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software and consulting companies. We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Principal Software Engineer to join our growing team at the heart of Stirling’s growing technology ecosystem in Codebase.
As Principal Software Engineer you will be a recognised technical expert and leader. You will bring the drive and experience to help push our team forward as well as be a mentor to less experienced members of the team. Using leading cloud and open source technologies, you will play a key role in designing and building advanced GIS and web mapping applications in a fast-paced Agile SCRUM environment. You’ll have responsibility for our AWS estate, managing and improving our DevOps CI/ CD framework and driving automation to improve business efficiency.
Specifically, we’re looking for the following essential skills and experience:
- Using CI/DevOps tools and processes to ship software to the cloud (Docker, Linux, Shippable, Terraform)
- Building cloud applications with experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Designing and developing RESTful HTTP APIs with Python (Flask)
- Managing and developing AWS infrastructure environments
- Version control (Git)
- Databases: PostGres
- GIS Technologies : PostGIS, GeoServer, MapProxy
- Front-end development skills including:
- Web application frameworks (ideally Angular with TypeScript)
- CSS preprocessors (preferably SCSS)
While experience in GIS is desirable, it is not essential. GIS is our bread and butter and we can teach you all you need to know!
We offer a dynamic and challenging environment, with opportunities to grow your skills and attend industry conferences and events. We also offer flexible working arrangements, including home working. Above all we’re looking for a highly motivated and creative individual, a team player who works collaboratively to achieve shared goals with a willingness to challenge and improve how things are done to support business growth.
Please apply by sending your CV (max of 2 pages) to email@example.com.
Please add a covering letter of no more than 1 page stating why you believe you are suitable for the job and a note of your current salary.
Closing date is 5pm on Wednesday 23rd October 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30th October.
Strictly no agencies.